posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Hi..wave wave

Thom Stewart wrote:
CWM & Katy,

When you raise your hand at "Roll Call", is it a greeting or symbol of
identification? When raise your hand to answer a question, is it a
greeting or symbol to offer knowledge? When voting by a showing of
hands, is that a greeting or a symbol of preference? When you raise your
hand to go to the lavatory, is that a greeting or a request for relief?

When I answered the question I stated I wasn't sure and now that I'm
reading responses, I'm not sure anyone is sure of what it means. As a
matter of fact; WHO GIVE A ****!

You want to be noticed; WAVE.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/IDONTFEELGOOD

Raising your hand and waving are two seperate things. Rainsing your
hand incolces lifting your arm with a stationary hand in the air.
Waving indicates that you either flex the fingers or the wrist (ask
royalty or beauty queens about the technique). They imply different
functions and different meanings.