Kelton Joyner

Default Wind or magnetism?

The elves are also responsible for making all the phillips screwdrivers
disappear from my tool box and leave only blade screwdrivers when I need
a phillips and only phillips appear when i need a blade screwdriver.
Kelton
s/v Isle Escape

Paul wrote:
Actually I think you're on the right track. As I approach my slip I'm
pushing the boat sideways into the wind to keep my position.

As soon as I come alongside my neighbour they block the wind, therefore I'm
pushing against nothing and begin to move that way.

But all in all, I think I prefer the magnetism theory. It compliments my
elves theory. I believe that whenever I *appear* to make an error, it's
actually the fault of elves.

For instance, it wasn't me who left the drain in the bottom of the cooler
open, there were elves that came out in the middle of the night and opened
it.

Damn elves.

"Gfretwell" wrote in message

It is more like the fact that when you are lee of the other boat and out

of the

influence of the wind. It may actually be creating low pressure on that

side,

sucking you in. This is similar to why the dust collects on the back of

your

truck