posted to rec.boats.building
Dave W Dave W is offline

Default finger Joint by Shaper

Glen,
Thanks for the responses. A couple of questions arise. How did you make
the router behave while doing the end grain of the strips? You also
mentioned that you stacked the strips before routing. Were they stacked one
on top of another? I don't have the picture. Thanks for the help.
Dave
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I should add that had I to do it over again I would look seriously at
pre-cut strips or Duracore. It was rather distressing to watch as over the
process my beautiful white cedar logs were gradually reduced to piles of
sawdust, planer chips, and router dust. From green log to finished strip I
would guess I lost 70% of the weight.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com