posted to rec.boats.building
sal sal is offline

Default Sawing aluminum tanks

Hi there not to worry we do it all the time in the truck repair shops. Use
the proper sized hole saw with grease on the teeth and drill away. Their may
be a few chips fall into tank but they are picked up in the filters.I have
done it an hundred times with full or empty Diesel tanks.

Sal

"Jim and Becky" wrote in message
For some reason when two aluminum tanks were installed just three years
ago,
they chose not to put fuel guage senders in.
So now I need to install them.
The tanks hold diesel fuel.
I'm concerned about the danger of an explosion as I saw the holes.
What do people do? I'd never try this with a gasoline tank but am unsure
of
diesel.