posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Guess WHAT????!!!!

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 28 Sep 2006 17:24:48 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

We sailed again and you all stayed home, went to lame jobs or sat
around posting here...or all three.

We took Heart of Gold out in some very nice wind, but again opted to
fly the jib alone. Right around 5:00 or so we caught some really nice
air, steady at 17-20 knots, though it dropped back down 1/2 hour later.
We raised the main after that and just flew!
It's feeling like fall here...more each day. The light jackets are out
to stay.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...aySailweby.jpg

More sailing Saturday/Sunday! This weather is GREAT!

RB
35s5

Get that wheel wrapped and it will be a lot warmer, as well as offering a better
grip without having to clamp your hand so hard.

It does look like you had some decent wind. The chart for execution Rocks only
takes a measure every 60 minutes, so it would be hard to argue that you didn't
have periods of even higher wind.

Such a decent wind he passed on raising the main....sailed by Jib only.
Typical tender bent-a-toe.

Wind here is calm..low59 high 83 perfect temps!

Joe

http://www.mysound.uconn.edu/exrx_hx.html

CWM

NY