William G. Andersen

Default transom support

What you need for trailering an I/O are trailering clips. They are like a
cylinder sliced in half lengthwise. You snap one half on each of the trim
rods when the drive's all the way up, then lower the drive until you hear
the sound of the drive motor change - just enough to pinch the clips in
place. They support the weight of the drive, relieving the pressure on the
trim cylinders.

"Mike Kasiorek" wrote in message
Hello all, After years of outboards, we have bought our first I/O, a
Larson 18' SEI. On all the outboards I have owned and trailered across
this great country, I always had a transom support. I am not real
familiar yet with I/O's, what kind of transom support is recommended?
Also would like to hear any opinions about Larson boats..Thank you and
boat safe.....Mike