posted to rec.boats.building
Jim Conlin Jim Conlin is offline

Default finger Joint by Shaper

Glenn-
Would it save time to cut the finger joint on the ends of the planks, before
ripping the strips?
You'd have to be more careful handling them.

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I used my 3hp router mounted on a table set on a portable work bench and a
$50 Amana finger jointing bit. Stacked a batch of the strips on sawhorses
set at the same level as the table and cut one end of each strip. Then I
moved the router to the other end of the stack and cut that end. Took

about
2 days to cut fingers on both ends of 400 16' strips with minimum material
handling.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Dave W" wrote in message
Has anyone found a reasonably priced shaper cutter for making finger
joints in "planking" for strip built boats? Thanks in advance
Dave