Joseph Stachyra

Default transom support

i/o's (transoms) are not built so good. It's usually 3 sheets of plywood
then glass over that, since the out drive is attached to a engine which is
bolted to two main rail's that run the length of the boat.
this is why i/o's are dirt cheap compared to the same size in a outboard
version. regardless of brand

"Mike Kasiorek" wrote in message
Hello all, After years of outboards, we have bought our first I/O, a
Larson 18' SEI. On all the outboards I have owned and trailered across
this great country, I always had a transom support. I am not real
familiar yet with I/O's, what kind of transom support is recommended?
Also would like to hear any opinions about Larson boats..Thank you and
boat safe.....Mike