posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Sailing and Swans!

Capt. Rob wrote:
You get no exercise and do nothing other than 2 hour daysails.
Nothing else.

I have a two year old son. Better think it over.

Total nonsense. You're using your kid as the excuse for why you can't
go out of sight of your slip.

When our daughter was a newborn we only went out a few times, but
before she had her first birthday she had made the 100 mile trip to
the Vineyard, further than you've gone in your life. By her second
she had done another trip to the Vineyard and one to Maine, in a boat
smaller than yours, without even air conditioning! When she was three
she crossed Lake Ontario in heavy weather, done the Erie Canal, and
cruised much of Long Island Sound and Buzzard's Bay, and the Islands.
By six she had sailed the entire east coast, from Bar Harbor to Key
West and back.

Face it Bob, you're a daysailor because you don't like spending more
than a few hours at a time on a boat. Not that there's anything wrong
with that.