posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gilligan Gilligan is offline

Default RB and Sailing

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

I actually do think sailing competitively burns a lot more calories
than indicated, particularly on the short courses I've raced on the
last two seasons. Lots or mark rounding and tacking on short courses
in a crowd. I'm generally worn out and sore after race day. And the
owner of the boat I race with typically goes into a race shorthanded.

I come back tired from sailing too and I don't race. There are usually a few
bruises and one or two muscles a little tweaked that I normally don't use.
My outings are usually all day.

A heart rate monitor is good to use for training. It can indicate when you
are fatigued and helps keep the aerobic output up. On a bike it is easy to
view and not distracting, running is another story.