[email protected] svfootloose@msn.com is offline

Default wind generaator survey

Save your money and buy solar panels instead. I had a wind generator
for 9 years on my boat it worked if you have wind in excess of 15kts.
But most people try to find the most protected place from the wind to
anchor. So you seldom have enough wind to produce power. I also had
two solar panel that worked well and had no moving parts and have a 20
year warranty. Wind generators will break! I had to replace bearings
and blades while cruising. The solar panels were flawless and make NO
noise and require no maintenance. I regret is buying the wind gen.
instead of two more solar panels. The solar panels that I had produced
about 70 amp/hour per day. If I had two more I could have doubled
that. That would have supported nearly all my house loads. Straight
solar is the way to go!