Dan Krueger Dan Krueger is offline

Default KVH TRACVISION A7 Satellite TV system

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:35:27 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

Has anyone tried one of these on a boat yet?

WMJ Marine looks like they have a halfway decent price on them:

http://store.wmjmarine.com/c28286.html

Don't these things have to be gyro stabilized for boats?

Come to think of it, a lot of the bigger RV's I see around here all
have the gyro stabilized systems with the big domes.

If that's the case then how do sat phones, GPS receivers, and satellite
radio receivers work? GPS uses several satellites positioned in
different parts of the sky. I know the TV dishes have to be reasonably
close or they lose their reception. This is from the link...

" ** TracVision A7 provides full in-motion reception of satellite TV
signals on open roads with a clear view of the TV satellite in the
southern sky while in the continental U.S."

Dan