Peter Pan

Default Onan Generator

wrote in message
om
Will start and run as ling as I hold the start button. When let up
on start button the thing dies. What is gong on and how do I correct?

Many Onan's are also used on land in RV's. That's a rather common problem,
and on the onan website, there is a troubleshooting guide. The website also
lists a bunch of onan service centers. If you happen to need parts, try one
of the many RV places (almost all sell onan parts), or use their service
locator for a dealer near you for anything not handled by the RV stores.
Since you probably have a car/home (you have a roadrunner address, I assume
you have cable in a home somewhere), you may be able to get parts (if
needed) locally.

Some of the most common problems, is bad/corroded/loose connections. If you
have a remote start, the first thing I usually do is unhook it, then second,
check the oil level (the oil level sensor/check is disabled when tying to
start), then check any screw terminals that hold wires to switches etc.
After that, usually check the troubleshooting and have an electrical meter
handy (there is a very simple test, only takes a few seconds, but a meter is
required).

If you know how to use google (www.google.com) search on the groups
rec.outdoors.rv-travel, there is lots of debugging stuff on their (like I
said, it's a common problem)

Good luck!