posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Sea Trial

I've been on several large Hunters in the SF bay with wind speeds over 20
kts. They round up like crazy and don't hold a course well. They were
impossible to trim well. Every single instructor who teaches on them has
only negative things to say. Also, the heel in the picture isn't that much.
Must not have been a good breeze... no white caps, no spray.

Interestingly, Rob contributed not one item when there was a flurry of ASA
questions. I guess he knows a lot about boats and sailing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Gilligan" wrote in message
news

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Doesn't look like much wind. Is that one of those "rough" days?

Shows you don't know much about boats. You need a good breeze to make
the very stiff Hunter 43 heel like that.

That or really bad sail trim. The water shows no indication of strong
winds and the sails no real strain.

Were you sitting on the port rail and someone else took the pic?