posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Hey Oz--

"Peter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Maxprop wrote:
What can you tell me about Larry Ellison's boat Sayonnara? I'm told he
raced it in the Hobart the year so many died. Any knowledge about that?

I was looking it over rather thoroughly today. It's in storage in a
building in Holland, MI, waiting for who knows what. Sure is a big
*******.

I saw it when it got into Hobart in 1998. Yep it's a big *******. IIRC
he took line honours & swore he'd never do that race again.

I read the book about that race, and I seem to recall that he did make that
comment. Perhaps that boat was built for that race only. If so, it's
probably looking for a new owner.

Max