F330 GT

Default Feliz Cumpleanos, and time to get real about a boating paradise

Wayne B. wrote:

I'm also looking forward to
cruising Cuba from my new home base in SW Florida but I think it
probably will not happen while Castro is still alive.

You can go to Cuba right now. Call and check with Customs and Immigrations.
Even the Coast Guard doesn't care. The only legal point is you're not supposed
to spend American Dollars while you're there. I know several people that have
gone in the last few years. Never been any problem when they got back. Boaters
have checked in at Key West. You can also fly to the Bahamas and take a flight
from there to Cuba. The Cuban government is so obliging, they won't even stamp
your passport. Just be sure to not try to smuggle in Cuban cigars or rum.

Barry