posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ellen MacArthur Ellen MacArthur is offline

Default Where does it end?

"Frank Boettcher" wrote

| I've been anchored in a protected cove with opening ports, hatches and
| windscoop my method of cooling and had boats come up running
| generators so they could have AC and TV and/or loud music devices.
| Generally they are the same idiots who will not tie off their
| halyards, let them slap against their masts all night since, with
| their boats closed up, and the drone of the genset and AC, they can't
| hear them.

Can you beat this one? Me and a friend anchored in an out of the way little cove one
afternoon. We wanted to watch the sunset sip some wine and have a quiet night. It was great.
We were the only boat in there. About ten minutes before sunset this big ugly motor boat
comes in on a plane. He wakes us then turns and anchors about fifty feet from us. (The cove
was big enough that he could have anchored a hundred yards away easy.) Right smack dab in
the exact spot where we can't see the sunset. He totally blocked the view. He plays loud music.
He cooks some burgers on his barbeque. He has two dogs running around barking. Thank God
he left about a half hour after sunset. Can you get any more rude and selfish than that?
Hey, does Capt. Rob have a motorboat too?

Cheers,
Ellen