Larry Larry is offline

Default Silverton 38 Sport Bridge

"TwinSailor" wrote in news:1159149965.962444.320360
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Does anyone have any feedback on any/all of
these?

Let's do a little simulation, first, before you jump ship......

Every time you go sailing in the Catalina, start a stopwatch as you leave
the dock to time how long you actually move the boat....not anchor or
drift, which we'll let you do for free. If you stop for lunch, stop the
stopwatch until you're underway, again.

When you get back to your slip, read the time you were actually running.
Multiply the running time in hours and tenths by $70. Reach into your
wallet and hand the amount to the first dockhand you come to, simulating
him topping off your tanks every time you come back with the big pig.
Tell the dockhand you're simulating buying a big power boat and you need
to "feel" the pain of owning it before you buy, mostly to keep him from
calling in the cops and crazywagon guys. I don't think $70 and hour will
feed the pig these days, including maintenance, but the power boat will
go faster than the Catalina once you get out of the ever-increasing-in-
size no-wake zones, when, of course, power boat operating expenses shoot
up really fast as RPMs increase. $70 should be somewhere around
"parity" with the Catalina's operating expenses, just a guess on my part.

As you walk away from the smiling dockhand, look back at that pile of
money in his hand that was in your wallet and ask yourself, "Was there
REALLY that much more joy in owning the powerboat, TODAY?"

Repeat this exercise, as needed, until this insane notion clears itself
from your head during a time when the planet will soon be out of oil and
filling the powerboat will go for $25/gallon. After you've gotten over
it, give us all a call and we'll drop by your dock with the oyster roast
or crab boil and booze to celebrate your COMING TO YOUR SENSES!.....(c;

Buy the Catalina that new 150 Genoa it needs to replace the one with the
3 rips in it. A $1000 sail now looks really CHEAP after all you gave to
the dockhands over the last month.

Oh, don't be too surprised when you come back to your slip and 8 college
boys are standing there, smiling, waiting to grab your lines and polish
off your gelcoat from stem to stern....much to the astonishment of the
other yachties on your dock who can't even get them to answer the radio
while you're heading towards your slip...(c; This is a side effect of
this simulator, but it will only last until you come to your senses.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.