Huss Mohrens Huss Mohrens is offline

Default wiring help

In article ,
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:15:18 GMT, Charlie Brown
wrote:

From the negative bus: running leads to the negative connection of
each accessory.

One thing I'm not certain is whether or not a positive bus bar is even
needed, i.e. does the fuse block take the place of the bus bar?

West Marine sells a combination bus bar/fuse/switch panel.

http://tinyurl.com/jw5jc

You shouldn't have to run that much wire for either side - just use a
#10 positive/negative zip cord or house wire to the switch/fuse/bus
panel and leave it at that - that's plenty for what you want to do.

There is also a panel like this http://tinyurl.com/jgmyt that I use in
my Princecraft - same deal, I ran a #10 cable from the battery in the
bow to the fuse block in the stern, then ran the lights, trolling
motor, engine starter leads, fish finder and GPS power from there.

Worked like a champ.

There is a nice wire selection diagram at
http://www.docthrock.com/Electrical.shtml