RichG

Default newbie question: trolling without a kicker

If you are on a lake, and not subject to currents, then do what a lot of
Texans do in the bays. Let the wind be your friend. Set up a drift over the
target spot and drag the lure behind the wind-driven boat. Not perfect but
it works.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
"Greg" wrote in message
Hi, I just bought my first boat and I can't afford a kicker right now. Is

it
possible/worthwhile to troll without a kicker?
Troy

What kind of engine do you have? If it is a 2 stroke the answer is

probably no.
A 4 stroke will chug around at 1200-1500 RPM all day, no smoke, no fouled
plugs.
.