RichG

Default Smart Tabs, quick report

Quick Smart Tab Report

I purchased some Smart Tabs for my Carolina Skiff 16.
My 16 STD ( 40 hp Yamaha 2 cycle) has not really had much of a problem
getting up quickly, but I was not prepared for what happened this morning.

I punched the throttle and tried to count the number of seconds to flat out
planing. Well, I couldn't get to the number ONE before she was up and flat.
After a quick run, with speeds over 30 mph, I brought her in and tried to
adjust the Tab pressure to something lighter.

Loosening and re-tightening the bolt(s) was an easy two minute job, while I
stood in ankle deep water.

Boom...off she went again. I'm not certain that I noticed anything
different, other than she was up fast and planing before I could count any
numbers at all.

Unfortunately, my engine decided to bog down and give me signs of trouble
right then. It will be in the shop tomorrow to find out what that was all
about.

I did not have, in my two runs, a chance to remove the tabs and run a direct
comparison run. Nor did I have time to take my hydrofoil off and run a
comparison run.

So, this is what I guess they call "anecdotal" evidence. The tabs performed
beyond my expectations. More data and testing will be reported when I get
the boat back from the shop.

My initial experience was very positive and I'm now thinking about a set for
my El Pescador! regards, RichG

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners