posted to alt.sailing.asa
Walt Walt is offline

Default Multihull Question

DSK wrote:

Faster boats in general have less weather helm...

Huh. And all this time I thought the cause and effect worked the other
way - boats with less weather helm are faster. You learn something new
everyday. (c:

which cats have little or no weather
helm - care to give an example?

All the Nacras should be rather well balanced on the helm, by which I
mean that you should pretty much be able to let go of the tiller and
have the boat go straight. The Isotope is worth mentioning. I raced
Hobie 18s too for a while and they handle pretty well. Almost any cat
with daggerboards.... the new plastic Hobies aren't bad either, even
though they have skegs

Ok. Thanks. It's been a few years since I last sailed a H17, so maybe
I'm remembering it wrong.

If you get a chance to skipper a decently set-up Tornado, jump on it.
Those are the best sailing cats I know of; perhaps not quite as fast as
the newest top-gun designs but heck the Tornado is pushing 50!

Yeah, well, so am I. Wanna make something of it?

I haven't
sailed the Intra 20 but it looks like they steer nicely & tack readily
(of course, the guys sailing them are pretty good and make it look easy)

//Walt