posted to rec.boats.building
Evan Gatehouse2 Evan Gatehouse2 is offline

Default anyone used PEX tubing for boat plumbing?

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I didn't use it but now I wish I had. A little more trouble to route but a
heck of a lot cheaper than double stainless clamps on everything and a heck
of a lot neater installation. PEX, Qest and SeaTech fresh water systems
are becoming standard on many high quality production boats.

But if you're on some small Caribbean island, you'll have better luck
finding a few hose clamps, some PVC fittings, and flexible hose at the
hardware store if you want to change or fix something. If you're not
straying far from home, it's a good idea.

Evan Gatehouse