posted to alt.sailing.asa
Rednose Rednose is offline

Default Fiberglass Haze

Been there, done that Kathy.
Most all my boats have required serious rescue to get em looking good.
If the "hazy finish is a consistent color I wouldscrub off all the old
oxidation to a consistent dull color using a non abrasive cleaner with
a product called TLC with a blue #3, scrubby pad. Then topcoat with a
polymer called Poli - Glo and it'll shine like new..This will not
restore color but if all the same tone after scrubbed down will restore
a maintence free shine.. tom

Kathy wrote:
Hi...we have purchased a '73 AmericanDaysailor 16 - Fiberglass. The
boat is great, but the blue hull is covered with a whiteish haze. What
would anyone suggest to get her looking a little better? We do not
want to repaint. Thanks,

Kathy