posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Fiberglass Haze

My Butterfy's hull was like that when I bought her...some wax and a bit
of rubbing compoind brought some of it back but I ended up repainting her...

In some cases, Joe is correct and compound will restore the color. In
other cases you simply can't. In the future, if it matters to you,
include some compound in your survey kit. You can spot test the gel and
see how far gone it truly is. I recently surveyed a Ericson for someone
and that was one of the checks I made. The color would NOT come back
all the way and he bargained the boat down further because she needed
to be painted.

RB
35s5
NY