posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default You are not gonna believe this one!

"BellSouth" wrote in message
You are correct Glenn, there was some confusion in the way the article was
written.... but from my reading, it "seemed" to say the point he was
ruling on was the normally "not flooded" land that folks did not have
access to when it's flooded. BUT in South LA, there are times it's really
hard to determine what is "ordinary high-water" because the land can flood
every spring.

Is land that "normally floods each season" considered as "normal high
water"? Or as "flooded land"...

IF the ruling is for "normal high water" as in "High Tide" - it will not
stand very long, IF they have the money to fight it.

I think my definitation would be based on "could the land farmed"? How
often is the land dry vs flooded?

Glenn, I am glad you brought this to the groups attention.

Ken H

I contacted Boat US about this. They are aware of it, and are concerned, and
are taking action. So I tend to think that we are not misreading or
misinterpreting the judge's ruling.