posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
BellSouth BellSouth is offline

Default You are not gonna believe this one!

You are correct Glenn, there was some confusion in the way the article was
written.... but from my reading, it "seemed" to say the point he was ruling
on was the normally "not flooded" land that folks did not have access to
when it's flooded. BUT in South LA, there are times it's really hard to
determine what is "ordinary high-water" because the land can flood every
spring.

Is land that "normally floods each season" considered as "normal high
water"? Or as "flooded land"...

IF the ruling is for "normal high water" as in "High Tide" - it will not
stand very long, IF they have the money to fight it.

I think my definitation would be based on "could the land farmed"? How
often is the land dry vs flooded?

Glenn, I am glad you brought this to the groups attention.

Ken H