posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Matt Colie Matt Colie is offline

Default You are not gonna believe this one!

Well,

You better believe it....
Here in Michigan we are stil fighting to get to back the essential right
to have crew change headsails underway. It seems the "No Bow Riding"
statute was so badly written as to prohibit tending headsails or
anchoring.

I used to own one and a half acres of Lake Erie bottom. The land's
title specifically stated that though I had title to the property that
was below the mean high water level as established (it was specific), I
could not impede navigation or the basic riperian rights on said waters.
Here on the lakes most titles are like this.

Matt Colie

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
You better read this. Everyone here is about to be guilty of a criminal act
if we put out boats in the water!

http://www.ibinews.com/ibinews/newsd...23ibinews.html