posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default You are not gonna believe this one!

I googled up the case and some other documents. It looks like a much
bigger deal if you are a fisherman than a boater. It seems to involve
access to the water that covers the intertidal zone when the tide is
above low.

I don't see how this could be an issue in this part of the world where
access to the intertidal zone for fishing and navigation is already
common law. There have been some attempts up this way by landowners
to say that sunbathing and reading books are neither fishing nor
navigation but no serious attempt to say that recreational boating is
not navigation.

If the common law in the river states is such that landowner's
property extends to the low tide line, this could be a huge flap.

--

Roger Long

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
You better read this. Everyone here is about to be guilty of a
criminal act if we put out boats in the water!

http://www.ibinews.com/ibinews/newsd...23ibinews.html

--
Glenn Ashmore

I'm building a 45' cutter in strip/composite. Watch my progress (or
lack there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com