posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default You are not gonna believe this one!

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

I don't think you can get away with thinking you can't worry about
it because it doesn't effect me because in all probability it will
soon. I don't mean to adopt the NRA's "don't give an inch"
philosophy but this is way more than an inch. Theoretically based
on this ruling a shore side property owner could go to Federal court
and win a judgment voiding all the mooring permits in front of his
property out to the main channel.

I don't see that "main channel" here means the buoyed shipping
channel. but just the part of the river that is wet 24 hours a day.
There aren't likely to be any moorings outside of that. Unless I'm
misreading something, this applies to the areas shown in dark green on
the chart.

This is still pretty serious and worth a big fight. I'll be surprised
if it stands up though. It's sort of like saying any property owner
can restrict aircraft flights over their property. There's a group in
MA trying that but I don't think it's going to sick.

--

Roger Long