[email protected] philip.winfield@gmail.com is offline

Default lunitidal interval

I'm interested as I am learning to kite surf and when we get a low tide
in the harbour at the moment it is really really low!

I'll plug in the number for Bournemouth and this will have to do,

Thanks

Phil

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 11 Sep 2006 07:11:12 -0700, wrote:

Has anyone got or worked out the figure for Poole in Dorset please?

Just out of curiosity, and because I've been interested in that whole
area since I first started reading Forrester, I am wondering if your
concern is to approach Poole at ebb tide to avoid all the rips and
currents in the channel.

Anyway, that whole Solent area has a pretty complex tidal structure
because of the nature of things so I suspect you won't find a simple
number to plug into your watch. More likely, you will need to use an
Admiralty table to get an exact tide.

Then again, what do I know. :)