Harry Krause

Default Outboard powered monorail?

Gould 0738 wrote:
It's a brilliant idea. Gould, I'd be very interested in following this
issue. Other than your local news rags, is there a group which is
specifically devoted to the project, and to wrangling with the naysayers?

The group behind the monorail project is
Elevated Transportation, or something similar. They might well have a website,
you'd have to Google for it.

The bond issue passed in Seattle by something like 200 votes. Percentage wise,
it was 50.1 to 49.9 or thereabouts.
As in any razor-thin election decision, the
losing side is bitter and now trying to start an initiative forcing the city
council to scrap the entire project.

The purpose of my post was not to get into
a discussion about the merits of a local transportation issue, but to point out
a very familiar name considered a finalist under consideration to actually
build the line.

I guess if Brunswick can build bowling alleys and pool tables, Bombardier can
build transportation systems.

Bombardier is no newcomer to commuter rail transport. The project, of
course, will not come in at budget.