Tom G Tom G is offline

Default outboard no spark

"Tim Fisher" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply!! I took the whole motor apart and cleaned
absolutely everything internally and externally. The motor was NOT
corroded at all but I still went through the motions. I put it all back
together...new plugs safety switches all correct...and still nothing.
After of literally about and hour staring and touching everything I
realized the throttle didn't feel right when it was on the start indicator
so I slowly turned in counter clock wise until it caught in a
groove....and pulled the cord...PUFF PUFF smoke, where there is smoke
there is fire!!! 2 more pulls and it fired off!!!!!...I grabbed a garbage
can filled it with water dropped it in the can and ran it for about 5
minutes. It smoked terribly but ran great! Apparently the throttle jumped
a tooth on the gear.

I appreciate you responding I was lost for quite awhile.

Tim Fisher

Your welcome, and glad to hear your problem is solved.

Tom G.