posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Mercury 3 cyl 90 HP one cylinder with no spark

"Holten" wrote in news:45059d63$0$12613
:

Is there a way to check a coil my self ?

There's a resistance check, but when I sold my boat I gave the new owner
the service manual. That still wouldn't show you a shorted turn or turns
as there are thousands in the high voltage secondary. It would show you an
open coil, easy.

Anyone got a Merc service manual for any motor with independent spark
coils?

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.