Dave Hall

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:46:31 -0400, DSK wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:
In order for a society to exist, there has to be a certain amount of
conformity. If everyone take the law into their own hands what would
we have?

So far, nobody has proposed "taking the law into his own hands."

Have you been paying attention? That EXACTLY what's the case here.
There is NO law of the books that I have found yet, which gives anyone
the right to shoot a neighbor's pet because they took a dump on their
lawn. Since there is no law authorizing this action, the fact that you
undertook it anyway is, by definition, "taking the law into your own
hands".

If everybody obeyed the laws about keeping their dogs out of other
people's yards, then we'd have a society where no property owner was
considering killing somebody elses dog because it was destroying his
property.

And if the dog didn't stop to take a dump, he would 've caught the
rabbit. If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass on the ground.
What's your point? Why base your life on "what-if" scenarios? Deal
with reality.

If everybody obeyed the laws about not making a large wake, and/or very
loud engine noise, where it is dangerous & destructive to do so, then
far fewer people would be be convinced that motorboaters are obnoxious
oblivious jerks.

If we didn't have people who complained incessantly and loudly when
people enjoy a different form of recreation than they do, we wouldn't
clap and cat call when they fall overboard, or when some otherwise
unfortunate circumstance happens to befall them.

It's really very simple Dave. Keep reading it over and over, maybe
you'll "get" it.

I "get it" just fine. You judge everyone by your rules, your
standards, and your opinions. You have no room for any diversity in
lifestyle. You are a classic liberal. Preach tolerance, except when
the activity bothers you. Preach diversity, except when the ideas are
diametrically opposed to your own core beliefs. You believe that
"personal responsibility" means that everyone is responsible for
looking out for everyone else.

You are so far off the mark it isn't even funny.

Dave

DSK