Default what to do in a swamped boat in a storm?

On 14 Aug 2003 02:09:24 GMT, (Wwj2110) wrote:

If I was within 20 feet or so to the shore I'd be tempted to drag anchor and
hope that it would hold the boat in water just deep enough to float.

would be reluctant to throw an anchor off the front of an open bow in high
waves. If it were possible, Id try to get the boat heading into weather, hover
& walk her slowly sideways until protective water is reached. Its possible to
point into the weather & let yourself lose ground as to your advantage.

folks should be aware that, if a rescue becomes necessary, it's going
to be more difficult if the boat is in the surf. it's a judgement call
on the part of the skipper, but that's why they earn the big bucks :-)
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field