Capri Capri is offline

Default Cape Dory 25

Danny wrote:
Anyone here with first hand experience with a Cape Dory 25? I'm looking for
a second time at one this weekend and will most likely make an offer. It's a
'73 in fair condition. I'm wondering about inherent flaws and known defects.
Cheers...Danny

Danny

The Capr Dory 25 is a sweet boat for singlehander or 2 people. not fast
but it will get you where you want to go. It has a 3 ft draft. so can
go into fairly shallow waters. it is a bit tender, is heels easily but
stiffens up nicely at about 10degrees. Accomodations are limited with a
vberth up front a setee and galley, no standing room unless you are on
the short side.

It was in built in 2 versions the 25 and thje 25D . the 25 has a well
for an outboard motor. The 25D has a small deisel engine, im a tad
beamier and has a bit more room in the accomodation. I like the 25 but
then the only time I ever use the motor is to get into or out of a
dock.

On the east coast you can pick up a 25 in good shape for about 6k and a
25D for about 7-8k.

As far as things to watch for. of course the normal, hull for
blisters,. check the deck for possible delamination, make sure that
there are NO cracks in the fiberglass on the doghouse...its a huge
repair job.

Phil

..