FREDO FREDO is offline

Default 2002 Maxum hit a rock!

"MGG" wrote in message
. com...
Ouch...sorry about the accident. I hope no one got hurt.

Typical of boats and cars (moreso with boats), but if you bought all the
parts seperately, it'd be 3-4 times the cost of the vehicle new. Sad but
true. That's why many pro car theft rings part out the cars...they're
worth more that way.

I'd suggest that you tell the dealer to put the feelers out for a slavaged
bravoIII. There are many accidents (unfortunately) where the boat is
totalled, but the outdrive is fine. I might even scour Craigs list or
similar to find a used boat with a similar outdrive...you might get lucky.

I hope it works out. Good luck!

--Mike

"zachalyse" wrote in message
news:305078_10a09d9c17f38739216a8eb45af3ba48@boati ngforumz.com...
Hey all.
Just had a real bad accident in my 2002 Maxum. Ran over a rock bed and
all but tore the entire (Bravo 3) outdrive off. Towed it to my dealer
and got some god awful news. Estimate to repair: $17,000!! And only
$1000 of it is labor.

I know nothing about I/O systems. Why would this repair be this steep?
The boat alone is only worth $24k. Just seems crazy that this whole
outdrive thing cost nearly 80% of the boats value.

What am I missing here?

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.BoatingForumz.com interface
author/report abuse

Check out I Boats.
http://www.boatmotors.com/motorparts...in&zip=4 6112

A brand new Bravo 3 complete is only 6763.00 thru Iboats

You must have torn up a lot of other stuff!