Mickey

Default Fouled plugs...1986 100hp Johnson Comm

I wish it was that simple Joe yes the pump is removed and the alarm circuit
from the tank has been removed also. I put the NGK spark plugs in only to
have the motor idle rough still. I did check the new plugs after running it
in the driveway for a while and had the two on the starboard side were
discolored a little but the ones on the port side were clean. I fumbled with
my manual checking a couple things with an ohm meter not finding anything in
particular wrong. I did have one plug on the bottom port side that was
spotless clean so I thought it wasn't firing. I swapped coils on that side
but it still did the same thing. I need to look into the stator and power
packs next but really can't afford to replace everything. I checked the
powerpack for a bad diode that looked good. Could a bad stator or pickup be
causing this and be this erratic? As it stands right now the motor is idling
rough at 800 rpm which is a sign that it won't run well out on the water. I
have to start my 4 graveyard shifts now so it will be a couple days before I
can get back at this thing unless it keeps me from sleeping.

Mick

"Joe" wrote in message

"Mickey" wrote in message

I rebuilt the carbs, new thermostats, new water pump, new Holley "blue"

fuel
pump with a regulator set at 5 psi to replace the VRO and a 50:1 fuel

mix
in
the tank.

Do you have the VRO wiring completely removed from the pump?
If not, the built-in low oil safety feature may be sensing low oil flow

and
restricting the motor's rpm's