Larry Larry is offline

Default analog bag phone

Steven Shelikoff wrote in
:

Since the battery life of current phones is probably
5x better than your phone from the late 1980s it may be a tradeoff
you're willing to make.

"Battery life" in the old bagphones in all my vehicles isn't an issue.
They ALL have cigarette lighter plugs to power them. Batteries left for
years in the trunk until you need them are NEVER going to be usable, hence,
I only get ciggie plug-powered phones for emergency comms.

Even a "dead" car battery will run a 3W cellphone IF you take all the loads
off it and let it sit for 10 minutes to recover what little acid bath is
still in the dead cell(s). This is plenty to call 911, unless the battery
explodes, in which case you'd swap (in a boat) to the other battery bank or
(in a car/truck) to another car you flagged down using his power supply.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.