Woody Woody is offline

Default battery storage, remove or not ??

In article nyALg.20417$%_1.9062@trndny07,
says...
Is it necessary to remove the batteries in the boat for winter storage? I'm
thinking: remove and store in garage ( cold there ). Leave in boat ( cold
there ).

So, why remove?

Cold batteries last longer and hold charge better than
hot ones... They should be kept fully charged and kept
from freezing. I forget the lower temp limit, but if a
battery is fully charged and you don't experience bitter
cold (AK, MN, Etc. - and your car battery does not
freeze), the batteries should be fine outside.

Woody