Default Why need anchor chain?

Gould

Could I get an estimate of chain needed for my 31 foot ChrisCraft, all wood,
approximately 10,000 lbs.

Still finishing everything on it, hoping to be able to launch in June.

http://www.wildhorse-webdesign.com/boat

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Gulp! 25 feet of chain? What diameter? Can you use a heavier chain to

get
away with a shorter rode? Remember, I don't have a windless.

If you have a 25' boat, you should be able to get by with 1/4" chain.

25-feet
would weigh about 15 pounds. You probably catch, or hope to catch, fish

heavier
than that.

Since the "get by" is 1/4 inch, you might want to step up to 5/16 or 3/8.

5/16 will weigh about 10 pounds for ten feet, so your chain would weigh 25
pounds.

3/8 will weigh about 14 pounds per ten feet, so your chain would weigh 35
pounds.