Spammy Spamson Spammy Spamson is offline

Default analog bag phone

Telus and Bel in Canada both plan to drop analog service within the
next 12 months. A bag phone as ANY cell phone in Canada will connect
to 911 whether there is a contract on that phone or not.

Modems are available for 3 watt bag phones. They are expensive and
limited to 9600 baud.

I have a bag phone and have no idea what I will replace it with. Based
on my experience with having guests on board with those cute 'lil do
all cell phones (they do all except pick up a signal) I don't think I
will be happy with anything that is on the market today.

Just *try* to find "power output" in the "specs" of a new cell phone.
The sales people can show you how to surf the net (while in a mall),
and God knows how handy THAT is while on a boat).... but they can't
tell you which model packs the most punch.

If there is an alternative... pls lemme know eh?

"Spammy"

(keeps the bots at bay)

.. On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:11:22 -0700, Dick Locke
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:35:12 -0400, Larry wrote:

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in
hlink.net:

I have recently come into possession of an analog bag phone and
remember that there has been mention
of this device on several occasions in the past but can't recall it's
merit, if any.

Please refresh my memory.

Thank you,
Courtney

Every phone, on any service or no service at all, like your bagphone, is
required by law to provide 911 emergency service to the 911 center
nearest its cell tower. You pay for it on your regular cellphone as one
of the damned addon charges they seem to have no limit on adding. Don't
feel guilty the bagphone isn't paying by the month...you are...(c;

Err, I think you are being a bit US-centric....