Gordon Wedman Gordon Wedman is offline

Default analog bag phone

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:35:12 -0400, Larry wrote:

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in
hlink.net:

I have recently come into possession of an analog bag phone and
remember that there has been mention
of this device on several occasions in the past but can't recall it's
merit, if any.

Please refresh my memory.

Thank you,
Courtney

Every phone, on any service or no service at all, like your bagphone, is
required by law to provide 911 emergency service to the 911 center
nearest its cell tower. You pay for it on your regular cellphone as one
of the damned addon charges they seem to have no limit on adding. Don't
feel guilty the bagphone isn't paying by the month...you are...(c;

Err, I think you are being a bit US-centric....

I believe Larry's statement is correct for Canada. Any cellphone, contract
or no, will get you through to 911.