posted to rec.boats.paddle
Glen Glen is offline

Default canoe repair question - need help!

New to the group - greetings to all!

I have an old clipper square stern canoe that is somewhat worse for
wear. I want to fix it myself, pretty sure that it is doable, as most of
the damage is cracked / missing fibreglass. I've spent the last hour
googling fibreglass repair, but cant find much in the way of
comprehensive DIY fibreglass repair.

It's and old boat, but quite stable and very useable, I'd like to fix it
myself but if I have to I'll take it to a repair shop.

There are some pictures of it on http://howtofixthings.net/canoe.html
that show the areas that need repair and the extent of the damage.

Is it adviseable to tackle this myself, if so, does anyone here know a
good online resource that can get me started with DIY fibreglass repair?

Or should I just take it in and get it done professionaly? (there are no
boat shops within 220 kms of me)

thanks in advance!