Gordon Wedman Gordon Wedman is offline

Default battery storage, remove or not ??

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
Is it necessary to remove the batteries in the boat for winter storage?
I'm thinking: remove and store in garage ( cold there ). Leave in boat
( cold there ).

So, why remove?

If they discharge and it gets cold enough the electrolyte can freeze and
crack the cases. If your boat is going to have electricity over the winter
and you have the batteries connected to a charger I'd leave them on the
boat. Maybe you would need lights on the boat at some time or battery power
for some other reason.
If they are not going to be on a charger while in the boat I'd take them
home and put them on a charger once a month to top up.