[email protected] tksirius@gmail.com is offline

Default 2002 Maxum hit a rock!

17,000 for that damage??? Are you sure it was
seventeen thousand and not seven thousand???
Or even better yet seventeen hundered????

I would expect to pay 7-8000 for a new outdrive
labor and maybe some fiberglass work in need be.
5000 for materials and 2-3 grand for all the labor.

if the marina wants that much from you they are
screwing around with you. Time to get some more quotes!

Tom

zachalyse wrote:
Hey all.
Just had a real bad accident in my 2002 Maxum. Ran over a rock bed and
all but tore the entire (Bravo 3) outdrive off. Towed it to my dealer
and got some god awful news. Estimate to repair: $17,000!! And only
$1000 of it is labor.

I know nothing about I/O systems. Why would this repair be this steep?
The boat alone is only worth $24k. Just seems crazy that this whole
outdrive thing cost nearly 80% of the boats value.

What am I missing here?

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.BoatingForumz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse