Capt John Capt John is offline

Default 2002 Maxum hit a rock!

jamesgangnc wrote:
He said it's a 2002 maxum and worth $24k so I assumed it was less than
25 ft. Try ebay. There's a new bravo 3 at $2500 with 8 hours to go.

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 6 Sep 2006 04:50:28 -0700, "jamesgangnc"
wrote:

Too high. But the bravo 3 is the most expensive i/o and the least
likely to be available used. I don't know the bravo 3 well enough to
know if the other bravos are a bolt in. They would be much more likely
to be available used. The counter rotating props are really nice but
the cost of the 3 outdrive and the props is not worth it for a runabout
inho.

Given the reported circumstances and the cost of the labor, I suspect
that if there is any over pricing, it's on the cost of the parts.

Compared to what I think the pricing should be, and a little searching
on the net, it's about $10,000 over what I would have suspected the
cost should be.

And it's really up to the owner on this one. He didn't give any
information as to the size of the boat, what type of boat is was or
anything other than having the drive replaced. If it's a 20'
runabout, that's one thing. If it's a 32' bubble boat, that's
another.

It sounds like your dealer is looking to cash in on your insurance. I'd
do some looking around if I were you. But try to get the boat back,
they try to hit you up for outragous storage if you leave it, to get
you to agree to let them do the work, they tell you they'll take it off
the bill if they get the job, if not you have to pay it.