Robert

Default Promised (by me) oil theft in progress! [Empress]

Empress Otku wrote in message
On 11 Jul 2003 15:12:28 GMT, Ignoramus11972
wrote:

Let's see what is happening... Washington wants to get a big quantity of
money from lenders, then the plan is, no doubt, to give it to Cheney's
halliburton, Bechtel etc. Then Iraqi oil will be used to repay the
loan.

If the Iraqi people receive services in kind and their country is
rebuilt with the money, then how have they been ripped off?

My most recent memory was that the U.N. had given Saddam permission to sell
oil so that he could buy food and medicine for his people. Did he do that?
Maybe he did to some extent, but at the same time he was paying large sums
of money to terrorist's families if they would blow themselves up and take
as many innocent people as they could with them. Amazingly large sums of
money were flowing from Saddam to the organizations that back and train
these individuals. I guess instead of selling their oil for money to rebuild
their country, we could always arrange to trade their manufactured goods or
their agriculture....................Please, I have no desire to argue this
topic or the war. However after 911 when Bush said "we're coming to get you"
I said to myself "it's about time".