posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Sad end of a good little boat

Well, I just got a phone call earlier tonight from the man
who bought our Hunter 19 a few years ago. The boat was hit
by lightning this afternoon and is destroyed.

1st of all, the Hunter 19 is not a "good little boat" by any stretch
regardless of how it was used. Doug himself said he'd probably have
kept looking had he known more about the boat shabby build. BTW, can we
also ask Doug how often he sailed a Hunter 19 before he bought one? The
only other owner I've spoken to claimed that the thing sailed like a
sponge soaked in syrup.
The Hunter 19 is a slow sailing design that is so awful to look at that
no one with any self respect would even be seen on one. A boat like the
19 is sold on it's practical aspects, which has no place in the heart
of a true sailor.

http://www.sailingtexas.com/pichunter19ca.jpg

Was there any doubt that Doug would end up a powerboater? And that is
indeed what he is now.
Too bad for the second set of suckers. If they had brains then
insurance will help.

RB
35s5
NY